Sunday 14 October 2012

WEEKEND OFF!

"Mum...can you wash duvets?"
"Why?"
"Just wondered!"
"What's happened?"
"Nothing...."
"What's happened?  You don't just ask to wash a duvet off the top of your head."

OMG I'm thinking, please not what I think.  I have to say that at this point I'm laying on the sofa watching telly and relaxing with a cuppa as I've decided that, as my hip is really hurting today, I'm having a day off.

"Ummm, I spilt my cup of tea all over the bed and it's gone right through the duvet."

Thank God I think.

"Did you strip everything off?"  I ask, hopefully.

"Yep.  And I've put a towel over the patch on the mattress."
"Ok, cool.  Let's have a look and we'll get washed what we can."

So, bed stripped and in wash.  Duvet won't fit in machine, but as it isn't what I was dreading, I'll dry and air it only.  A quick visit into the bedroom also throws up the fact that both sides where Callum could have put his cup of tea are full of sleep mist, a pack of cards, 2 half empty water bottles, an empty packet of crisps, a jar of sweets and umpteen empty fortune cookie wrappers.  Hmmmm, not best pleased, so slightly lost my temper and we had a bit of a tidy up.  Explained that if, instead of just dumping stuff, he actually put things away or in the bin (that's my biggest bugbear), he'd have plenty of space for cups of tea or plates of toast.  Don't think it will change anything but hopefully, if I keep telling him, one day it might sink in when he's about 40!

That was Saturday morning and once that incident was sorted he disappeared back into his den and wasn't seen again until the evening when we all sat down for tea and Wipeout and then again a bit later for Merlin.

Today, I wasn't feeling any better and in fact felt a bit worse as I suddenly came over feeling really sick half way through Merlin and still don't feel 100% now.  Was going to be going out foraging today, but didn't, so have we seen Callum today?

Well, I popped in to see him this morning and he was on his DS in his pjs.  He popped down about lunchtime to grab food and then he disappeared again.  And he came back down for dinner and is currently on the computer.  So it hasn't been quite as bad as I thought, but it hasn't been as far off.

Not that I really mind.  He's a teen and having already gone through one child as a teenager I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be that much different with the second and I'm not going to feel offended by it as I know it isn't anything I've done.  He'll grace us with his presence when he wants food or drink or, as about half an hour ago, a hug and then he'll disappear again.  Will just make the most of his company when I have it.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment