Friday 5 October 2012

Good afternoon!  Yes, an early one!  More through necessity than anything else.

Started off a good day.  Both up, although I woke Callum at 9am with tea and pancakes (lucky boy), and dressed and ready to go ice skating.  Callum was incredibly helpful; bringing in the milk, helping me with laundry and tidying stuff away.  Was in a good mood and looking forward to going.  So off we went to skating with the lovely Lorraine and Biscuit.  Double checked the prices at the front desk as Callum doesn't actually participate in the lesson and we have had issues in the past with reference to amount needed to pay.  Was quiet today when we arrived so I could ensure they fully understood that, although part of the home ed group, neither skated, so would just be spectators.  Was confirmed that we only had to pay £4, which is what I've been paying luckily, but one week I was charged £8 (although I still only paid £4 in the end).

Was very busy and very noisy in the cafe today.  Haven't seen a few people for a while so was nice to catch up.  Callum played on his DS with the occasional interaction with Erica's boy, cups of hot chocolate were drunk by us adults and all seemed well.  Then as it was getting near to lunchtime I asked him if he wanted some chips.  He said "no".  Ok, bit odd, did he want a hot dog?  Again "no".  He was looking a bit pale, but his cheeks were bright red and were very hot.

"Are you ok?"
"No, too noisy!"
"Have you got your ear defenders?"
"No."
"Do you want to sit outside for a bit, you're very hot?"
"No.  I'm not hot!"

Hmmmm, got another drink for him, but he still didn't look right and started laying his head on the table.

"What's up?"
"Feel sick and my head hurts."

So, Lorraine and Biscuit kindly let us leave a bit early today.  Callum dosed with Calpol for the headache and took himself off to bed.  He's been there ever since coming down only when the postman arrived with his helicopters.

Meanwhile I put the mincemeat in jars and have got green tomato and orange marmalade on the go.

Am hoping he'll feel better tomorrow as I'm out with my daughter and he's home with dad.

I really thought we'd cleared it, but obviously not.  Oh well, a dose of elderberry syrup for the vitamin C is needed, although he doesn't like that either.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment