Wednesday 7 September 2011

MID WEEK LULL IN ENERGY

Hiya, us again.

Callum had a complete dip in energy today. Was supposed to get up and have a shower before starting work this morning. 8.45am and still wasn't up, so made us both a cuppa and took it up to him. He was in our bed by this time.

"Wakey, wakey" Said I,
"Uh" was his response.
"Tea here" His reply was just a grunt.

Undetered I climbed into bed and drank my tea while going through the post. He finally decided to drink his tea and then asked if he could have a quick game on his DS.

"Sure, you still have time."

I finished reading the post, got up and went downstairs, sorted out the front room, put on some washing, made another cuppa and went back upstairs. I must point out that Callum doesn't like being on his own when having a bath or shower. He doesn't like anyone actually being in with him, but likes someone to be in the bedroom next door. He still wasn't up. I drank a further cup of tea. He moved and then said,

"Can I play another game?"
"No! You need to have a shower before we start and its already 10am"

He had shower, he got dressed and then went into his room. I brought down washing, washed up, put washing out on line and came back in. Still no Callum.

"What you doing?"
"Playing!"
"No, its now 11am and you are supposed to have done your maths and literacy. Come on."
"Oh, ok."

Down he came and reluctantly did his one page of literacy - spellings today, not his best subject, but he really made the effort and got 10 out of 20 and 4 of the remaining 10 only had 2 letters round the wrong way each, so not bad for him. I think he rather impressed himself too. He has so little self confidence when it comes to literacy and he is so much better than he thinks. He proceeded to zoom through the maths sheets getting them all right, even the 5 times table ones!!

"Do I have to do any more?"
"Well, we was going to do another science experiment weren't we?"
"Oh yeah!" He leaps up from sofa and bounds into the kitchen.







The experiment didn't go completely to plan, but he had great fun doing it. We wrote it up and then he said,

"Can I stop now?"
"You're really not in the mood today are you?"
"No, I'm tired."
"Ok then."
"Thanks Mum." And he bounded off to his bedroom again.

Oh well, at least something got done today. Hope he feels more up for it tomorrow.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment