Friday 9 September 2011

FIRST HOME ED GROUP MEET OF TERM

Hello all

Well, its the end of the 'school' week and we celebrated with our first home ed meet of the new term. Lorraine picked us up at 10.30am with her daughter, Amy, and took us off to ice skating. The local home ed group regularly meets up there on a Friday, but we've never made it along before. Last time I went was when Callum was still at school and I was just investigating home education, that was over 4 years ago.

He refused to ice skate, but then I knew he would...same sensory issues with new place, new people. He decided to sit in the corner and play his DS, but at least it was the corner nearest the main group not the furthest away, so I took that as a good sign. Amy went of ice skating with her friend, but Callum didn't mind. He was happy sitting with us adults as usual.

He did agree to sign up for a trip though, which also impressed me. So we'll be going off to Wildwood in a few weeks. I think the lure of being able to stroke an owl sealed the deal.

I was impressed with this morning all round as he was even up early and had done his maths and literacy before 9.30am. He also discovered the wonderful delights of clicking a pen off and on. Bashing it across different surfaces and realising it makes different sounds...very musical. So I nice little scientific discussion on sound waves, vibrations and air space ensued.

So, maths, literacy, science and a bit of semi social interaction today. This afternoon he disappeared back into the world of Command & Conquer Generals on the PC and I continued with my daughter's Christmas present.

Cya and thanks Lorraine
x

No comments:

Post a Comment