Friday 9 March 2012

THE WEEKEND BEGINS HERE

Hiya

Yes I have made it a 2nd day but I won't be back until Monday as I tend to go computer free at the weekends.

Today we started off a little slowly shall we say. Maths was a little, eh hum, tedious and literacy was just too much to face. So we spend time YouTubing a tune that Callum had in his head from my favourites playlist and spend the next 5mins singing I Don't Care (by Apocalyptica) at each other. Actually was rather fun, hehe! Nothing like a good "shouty song" (Callum's words) and some jumping around to help sort out some lethargy.

Then off to ice skating with Lorraine and Amy. Callum doesn't actually go on the ice and just sits in the cafe with the rest of us adults on his DS, but surprisingly he really enjoys it. We tend to sit in a corner and he either plays DS games (sometimes one of the other boys will bring his in and they will play together), reads a book or joins in some of the conversations. There's normally chips for lunch and a couple of drinks before we leave about 12.30/1pm ish. Today, Terri (his sister; my daughter, obviously) joined us and we had a rather pleasant few hours.

Then off to Rainham to the tattoo shop! NO, not for him, silly people! I'm after booking another one for next year (my 50th) and wanted to make sure I could get in. Had another reason for going, but that isn't relevant! Was lovely to see the new shop and to see my tattooist who I haven't seen for a few years now.

Back home for a cuppa and Terri and I sorted out some stuff on the computer whilst Callum disappeared upstairs to play with his tanks and watch some telly (Top Gear). As soon as we'd finished, he was back down for Roblox on the computer. He spends hours on there if he can, creating games and getting feedback from others about them. I don't understand it, but he does. Apparently to create games you have to write a script - it's programming to you and me. ;-)

So, no 'real' work done today, but lots of out and about and seeing people. Hey ho, tomorrow is another day and there is always next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment