Wednesday 14 November 2012

A LITTLE BETTER

Good morning my lovelies and apologises for not posting yesterday.

What kind of day was it?  Well, better than the one before.

For starters Callum was up a bit earlier than the day before and no nose bleed, but still a lot of hrumphing.  Our normal, well usual now, morning chat with a cuppa then ensued and we discussed boring things like whether or not he had enough clothes that fit, what cooking we would be doing tomorrow and what he would like to do lesson wise for the rest of the week.  We decided that after trampolining today we would go through his wardrobe, make a list of what he needs and get rid of anything that doesn't fit anymore.  Then check out the ingredients so we can make Xmas pudding tomorrow (well today now).

He toddled off and got dressed, brought down his rubbish, washed and cleaned teeth, got bottles of water ready for lesson and dug out the library books that need to go back.  On the subject of books; we had another lengthy discussion on TV and laptop versus reading at night.  I don't mind him watching TV or playing on the laptop when he goes upstairs, but I don't want him doing it until midnight which is how he seems to be at the moment.  It means he isn't reading anything and he's late getting up in the morning, not that I expect him up early.  We have had this conversation a lot recently and I've said that I'd like him to watch TV until about 10-10.30 and then read for a hour.  He can record progs should he wish to watch them and watch them in the early evening after dinner.  So what did he do last night?  Well he went up at 9pm as usual, but didn't take the laptop.  I went up at 10pm and there he was watching telly AND reading.  Not quite what I had planned and I did argue the point and I will continue to argue the point until he gets the idea.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.

That afternoon we went off to trampolining.  Lots of practice on position of arms, etc to make the moves look more professional.  Then on to somersaults.  Kim, the coach, decided to use the belt and pulley today so that Callum could get much more of an idea of how it felt to come out of the turn.  He's somersaulting fine, just not landing them and that has to do with when he needs comes out of the tuck and using the belt and pulley Kim is more control of the move and should be able to help him out.  I wasn't sure how Callum would feel about being strapped into a belt and then attached to ropes but actually dealt with it ok apart from the one time when he hadn't given himself enough push and ended up suspended upside down in the tuck position. I was going to publish a video, but I can't upload the vid from my phone for some unknown to me reason.  I uploaded via an email, but I can't open the file.  Have checked instruction booklet and online answers but to no avail.  If he does it again next lesson I'll make sure I take my camera with me as I can work that, haha.

After tramp, it was subway and a bit of shopping before returning home to sort wardrobe and wait for dad to come home.  Then off to cinema to see Skyfall.  Callum's first Bond movie at the cinema.  He loves Bond, but so far it's only ever been on TV or DVD, so today was big screen time.  He loved it!!  We got there early which meant we were first in the cinema, so we could get sorted and comfy.  Callum had remembered to take DS with him, so he played on that whilst waiting for the film to start.  He likes getting there early, but doesn't like waiting, so the DS is a perfect solution.  A supersize combi of salted popcorn, drink and a chocolate bar saw us through the movie before heading home still in time for dad to get to bed on time.  Disadvantage of getting up early is an early bedtime, but means I get the evening to myself to watch what I want.

I think overall Callum had a good day today.  Tomorrow (today) big sis will be visiting and we'll be making Xmas pud and she'll be making cupcakes which I'm sure Callum will help her with.  As to anything else, we'll have to see what time he gets up and how he feels.  Got loads we could be getting on with. ;-)

Anyway, cya and hope that the today/tomorrows aren't too confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment