Thursday 13 September 2012

A SLOW START

Good evening all you lovely people out there.  How was your day?  Ours was a bit of a slow start to be honest.  I was shattered and didn't wake up until 8.30am and by the time I'd mentally surfaced after a cup of tea it was nearly 9am.  Callum was still asleep, but woke about 15mins later.

I hate waking up late as the plan is normally to get up and do housework stuff before 10am, which is when we are supposed to start.  Callum was still very sleepy.  As he's now 13 I'm convinced the teenage hormones are really taking hold as he seems to be constantly hungry and constantly tired.  But will he go to sleep early....well, sometimes he resists and goes about 10pm instead of midnight, but he still fights it.  Routines and Aspergers can sometimes be a bit of a nightmare.

Anyway, as I really couldn't give him 100% attention this morning as I had so much stuff to do, I decided that today would be a good day to start the revision pages on maths that I'd typed up.  I knew he could be left to do them without too much necessity for me to be there, but he could still stop me and ask if he didn't quite get the question or he needed to double check with me that he was on the right track.

Due to late rise we had a late breakfast, but it was a good opportunity to teach him how to do scrambled egg and beans on toast using the toaster and the microwave.  I was washing up at the time, so he had supervision.  He was really chuffed at how easy it was and that he'd managed to produce himself a decent breakfast by himself.  Only thing he really has a problem with is the tin opener!  I'll have to teach him how to do it properly a bit later, haha.

This afternoon we returned to the group trampolining class that I'd originally set up 6 years ago when I first pulled Callum from school.  Having private lessons is doing him the world of good and he's progressing well, but I can only afford them fortnightly and he is beginning to find that he is falling back on the basics, so going fortnightly to the group class in between the private lessons will ensure he can practice the work Kim, his coach, gives him and keep on top of the basic moves.  This will hopefully mean that his private lessons can concentrate of the elusive somersaults.

He thoroughly enjoyed the lesson and he loved seeing some of his friends again that he doesn't get to see as often as he'd like.  So all good.

And what did he think of today?  Well, he said that the trampolining was brilliant and that he felt more confident in what he was doing.  He also said that he was beginning to understand why he was having trouble with the somersault landings as he was becoming aware of his legs.  After one extra lesson, I'm rather pleased, so long may it continue.

On our return he went out in the garden and played in the sand pit and then did some more on the computer to the Command and Conquer mission he's doing.

Tomorrow with be a catch up day before the weekend; tying up loose ends and making sure we know what is planned for next week.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment