Sunday 3 June 2012

MY BIRTHDAY WEEK

Hiya, just popping in to do a quick catch up before going off to our first Jubilee Party of the weekend.

Haven't really done a lot as it was my birthday last Wednesday and I've had a couple of 'days off' and had visitors, etc.

Monday was an early start, 5.30am for Callum, 3.30am for me.  We were being picked up at 7am and Callum needs an hour or so to come to now and I was wide awake so thought might as well get up.  Where were we going at just an unearthly hour?  Well, we were heading off to Dungerness with Carol and Lauren to watch the release of the short haired bumblee bees which have been extinct in this country for about 25 years.  This batch of 50 queens had travelled all the way from Sweden.  Read the article below for more info:

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/rare_short_haired_bees_released_at_dungeness_1_1390964

It was a long morning of talks and press interviews (not with us I might add) before we went off to actually release the bees, but it was wonderful to be there especially as Lauren got the honour of releasing one herself.  My Callum really enjoyed it, but kept hiding from the cameras.  Was nice to be part of history.

Spent the afternoon down on the beach doing some cockling; found enough for my tea at least, hehe.  Tide was out so there was loads of sand for the kids to investigate.

Tuesday was trampolining and Terri came with us this week.  It'll be Callum's last lesson for a few weeks as the next one falls on his birthday and he doesn't want to do it.  He worked on his routine and Kim, his coach, is trying to get him to perfect the moves to look more stylish.  He also showed him some exercises that he should do to strengthen up his core muscles.  After the lesson we went off to Subway for lunch and as Callum hadn't really had a proper breakfast he ended up with a foot long sandwich.  Afternoon was spent in the garden opening presents with my daughter and having a small white wine spritzer.

My Wildflower Corner looking rather well established.
Wednesday was my actual birthday and I had visits from both Lorraine and Linda which was lovely and more presents which was also much appreciated plus cake.  Thanks girls!

Thursday was a lazy day and Friday we spent most of the day watching my new DVDs before I went out to a friend's house in the evening for drinks and nibbles.  Thank you Linda for driving and thank you Gina for having us.

Yesterday Callum and dad pottered about whilst I felt crap all day.  Was really stormy weather without the storm itself and I always end up with migraines when it's like that. 

Today is a family Jubilee party and tomorrow a friend's one.  So hope you all have a fab bank holiday weekend and try not to drink too much, hehe.

Cya soon
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment