Sunday 21 March 2010

TV DOCUMENTARIES ARE FAB!!!

Hello all, we've had an interesting week this week! Mainly working around documentaries and schools progs on the telly.

I've decided that we need to tie up all loose ends before going away on holiday, so that when we get back we can have a fresh start. So we've been sorting out all the things that need to be finished off and catching up on TV stuff in between. Have only got two weeks and, on investigation, we have tons still to do - eek! Callum has been in a pretty good mood all week which is always a positive thing!

Monday we went through everything that needed doing and made a list. Then Callum decided to upload the photographs we'd taken while out with Linda and Danielle a few weeks ago and set about displaying them by changing backgrounds and typing up text! I didn't even realise he was doing it as I was in kitchen getting ready to bake a cake as we had visitors that afternoon. And there's me saying that he wasn't motivated in the last blog!!! I called him to see if he wanted to help me bake and he shouted out that he was too busy sorting out the camera! Oh well, perhaps I'll shut up in future! After doing 5 A4 sheets of photos and info he decided to help me bake a chocolate cake for the afternoon.

Tuesday morning we managed to finish off the previous week's questions on Primary Geography (BBC schools, 11am Tuesdays) and he happily filled in the blanks without getting distressed - yay! So now have 2 completed things to go in his ongoing 'Water' project. Next we snuggled down with coffee and a snack and watched this weeks Primary Geography which was about floods. Cool, as that can go in project too - am getting quite good at note taking now, haha, just need to persuade Callum to do it. "I do mum, it's in my head!" Then it was off to Peacocks in the High Street to buy pjs and pants for him as he's outgrown everything!! This afternoon I had an appointment at the hospital to do with my shoe raise, so on the bus we went! Callum doesn't mind going to this appointment as he likes the guy who does it and he likes the little office that we go to, so no stress - yay again!

Wednesday morn I had Occupational Therapy do a home visit to see if there was anything that needed altering/adding around the home which would benefit me. They have requested a handrail for the stairs and are going to ask Social Services if they can help with a handrail for the garden steps (although not holding my breath on that one). After that Callum and I looked through my wooden box which contains medals and info of my Uncle and Great Uncle. My uncle was in the Navy and was in WWII so has some stuff that is relevant to our project. My Great Uncle was in WWI so that was interesting to look at too. Callum really enjoyed looking at all the medals and checking the list of ships that my Uncle had been stationed on. Have separated all the WWII stuff and are going to photocopy and put into project as we did with my Aunt's work record and Clothing Coupon book. This afternoon was swimming and, as Callum is in such a good mood, the lesson went really well and he is perfecting his technique for the front crawl. Callum D came along with us as well and they had a play session afterwards until 3.30pm then back to us until 7pm.

Thursday Callum starting to get a bit restless so didn't get any 'work' done in the morning. We did go trampolining in the afternoon though and he worked on the first half of his routine. Much better mood than last week and was happy to head off to Joy's afterwards to play (first time in weeks that we've been there). He was having such a good time, he didn't want to leave! I had a lovely couple of hours chatting with Joy, Jackie and Grace. Weather was lovely too! All in all it was lovely!! Any more lovelies and I might just explode with loveliness - haha.

Friday we decided to curl up with the telly and watch Bang Goes the Theory (Callum had already seen it, but I'd been at pottery Monday so I'd missed it) and Richard Hammond's Invisible Worlds. Took lots of notes for typing up and asking questions. Was rather nice just to be sitting down together and having a chat about things. It's one of those things that I find so valuable and yet will be so difficult to prove to anyone. Because Callum hates writing we often don't have any 'evidence' of work that we've done, but sitting down and having a chat always astounds me as Callum remembers so much and retains so much detail that he often blows me away! Visual and hands-on learning is definitely how he learns and I just hope that if the Bill goes through that anyone visiting will have an understanding of that.

Weekend is now upon us and he's been doing his normal weekendy things which is currently the Wii and SpongeBob Squarepants!

Am hoping that next week is as good. Still don't think we'll complete everything especially as Phil off Mon and Tues, but we shall have a go.

Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment